Jennifer Davis Hammond, daughter of Robert M. "Bob" and Mary Anne Davis, has spent most of her professional life serving clients at Davis & Davis, Attorneys at Law, PC. Having served as a paralegal in the firm for sixteen years, Jennifer observed the habits of her father and other successful attorneys, dealt with the needs of clients and eased their concerns, and became intimately familiar with the detailed work of preparing cases for trial. Inspired by how the attorneys around her worked tirelessly to help their clients, she became an attorney herself.
Jennifer is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Family Law with a practice including divorce, custody, child and spousal support, and equitable distribution. She enjoys being able to assist others in their time of need, and is motivated by doing what she believes she is called to do. Jennifer's family law practice allows her to help parents, children, and others, making a significant difference in her clients' lives on a daily basis.
This dedication to the well-being of her clients is reflected in the praise of attorneys and clients alike. Colleagues describe Jennifer as an outstanding lawyer who works tirelessly, never stopping until her client's voice is heard. Clients frequently remark on her effectiveness, responsiveness, and diligence in preparing and presenting their cases. One client describes her as "head and shoulders above her peers in terms of effectiveness, negotiation, courtroom action, and compassion."
When not practicing law, Jennifer enjoys speaking about the law to local students, serving in various church leadership capacities, being active and keeping up with her husband and three children.
- Family Law
- Charlotte School of Law, Juris Doctor cum laude, Senior Executive Editor, Law Review
- Catawba College, Bachelor of Business Administration cum laude
Admissions to Practice
- North Carolina
Professional Memberships and Associations
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Rowan County Bar Association
- Rowan County Bar Association President 2016-2017
- Rowan County Bar Association Vice President 2015-2016
- Rowan Museum Board of Directors
- Secretary 2017
- Rowan County Home and Community Care Block Grant
- Advisory Committee 2017
- NC Lawyers Weekly, Deese v. North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services